“God, send us the people nobody else wants or sees.”
As a church we diligently pray, “God, send us the people nobody else wants or sees.” Everyone has felt like they were unwanted and unseen. So we have a responsibility to help those people who feel unwanted and unseen not only encounter the God who loves them most and best, but also help them recover and heal from the hurts, habits and hang-ups of their lives. That is why Grace Church has created multiple ministries at all our sites to help people recover and heal.
Recovery ministries have three major components:
- First, we offer safe people in our recovery ministries. Who better to help you with a compulsive behavior than a person who themselves has experienced victory over that compulsive behavior in Christ? Who better to walk through the pain of divorce with you than a person who themselves has experienced the pain and the healing through Jesus? Safe people lead our recovery ministries.
- Second, we offer safe places in our recovery ministries. At all our sites of Grace Church, we create places and spaces for God to heal. Childcare is available. Often activities for students are offered as well.
- Third, we offer safe processes in our recovery ministries. Healing in Christ is possible through using materials that are biblically based. These processes have been thoroughly experienced and the results of life transformation have been evident.
Some of our recovery and healing ministries include:
- Choose Recovery: A Christ-centered, biblically-based 12 step recovery ministry.
- GriefShare: To help you heal from the pain of the death of a loved one.
- DivorceCare: To help you heal from the pain of divorce or separation.
- Stephen Ministry: One-on-one Christian caregiving to help you though a difficult season on your life.
- Christian counselors: Therapists referred by our pastors to help you heal.
- Marriage Ministry: Classes to give you tools to enhance your marriage.
- Financial Peace University Ministry: Short-term classes that give you biblical principles for your finances.
- Outside recovery groups including Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, Cocaine Anonymous, and other recovery groups are offered at all our sites of Grace Church.
- Fresh Start Jail Ministry: A ministry to help people after incarceration.
Director of Recovery Ministries
Click here to learn more about our Fresh Start Jail Ministry!
Click here to learn more about our 12-step, Choose Recovery programs!