One Word: Beginning Christ Followers, Wade in Here!
This is a 90 day Bible reading plan. In these 90 days, you will read through the four Gospels, the biographies of Jesus: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. You may decide to do this 90 day Bible reading program several times to acquaint yourself with the life, ministry, death, burial and resurrection of Jesus.
Reading Plan Tips
- Put aside about 15 minutes each day, and read in the same place every day. That will help to get you into a Bible reading habit.
- Begin by saying a short prayer for God to show you one word in that day’s daily reading that will bring you closer to Jesus.
- Then read the daily reading. As you read circle or underline any words that connect with you.
- When you finish reading, jot down “one word” and what you think Jesus is saying to you about it. You can do this in a notebook, smartphone, tablet or computer. For example, if you read Matthew 11:28, “Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest,” you might write the word, “Rest.”
- End your time with prayer.
- Ask God for the opportunity to share your “one word” with someone today.
When you complete the Wade In plan,
it’s time to move on and Jump In!