The purpose of Celebrate Recovery is to encourage fellowship and to celebrate God’s healing power in our lives as we work our way along the road to recovery. By working through the 12 steps and 8 principles of Celebrate Recovery, we grow spiritually, and we are freed from our hurts, habits, and hang-ups. Thus freedom creates peace, serenity, joy, and most important, a strong relationship with others and our personal, loving and forgiving Higher Power, Jesus Christ. This is achieved through Praise, Worship, informative lessons, personal testimonies, fellowship and small groups.
Archived Lessons & Testimonies
Watch lessons and testimonies from Celebrate Recovery at the Cape Coral campus.
What is a hurt, habit, or hang-up?
A hurt, habit, or hang-up is something that hinders our walk with God.
- The feeling of being hurt is an emotional reaction to another person's behavior or to a disturbing situation. (abuse, abandonment, codependency, divorce, relationships issues, etc.)
- A habit is an addiction to someone or something. (alcoholism, drugs, food, cutting, workaholic, gambling, sex, shopping, smoking, etc.)
- Hang-ups are negative mental attitudes that are used to cope with people or adversity. (anger, depression, fear, control, unforgiveness, pride, legalism, etc.)
These life problems can be stumbling blocks or stepping stones. Healing is available through applying the principles of a Bible based recovery process to our lives.
Our Celebrate Recovery schedule:
Cape Coral Campus - Every Friday Night
- Dinner: 5:30-6:30pm, Connections Café
- Large Group Celebration: 6:45-8pm, Sanctuary (Contemporary Praise & Worship, followed by an informative lesson or personal testimony)
- Small Groups: 8-9pm, (Gender & Topic Specific)
- Solid Rock Cafe: 9-9:45pm, Connections Café (Light Munchies, Music and Fellowship)
(Children and Youth Programs 6:45-8:45pm)
(Infant and Toddler care 6:45-9pm)
Fort Myers Central Campus - Every Monday Night
- Dinner: 5:30pm
- Large Group Worship: 6:45pm
- Small Groups: 8pm
(Childcare for infants to 12yrs 6:30-9:15pm)
Celebrate Recovery Small Groups:
Recovery from Anger: Recovery groups for men and women who find that anger is their first response to problems of any size. The anger may be very evident as rage, or less obvious in terms of withdrawal and isolation. These groups focus on managing a God-given emotion in constructive ways.
Chemical Dependancy: If you find that you cannot quit drinking or using entirely, even when you honestly want to, or if you have little control over the amount you consume, you are probably an alcoholic and/or an addict. If that is the case, you may be suffering from a problem that only a spiritual solution will conquer.
Codependency: This group is for those struggling with the compulsion to rescue and take care of others, have difficulty setting boundaries, or recognizing their own worth. Members in this group learn to express their own needs and wants in healthy ways.
Physical, emotional and sexual abuse: This group is for those who have endured past physical, sexual and/or emotional abuse. Recovery includes healing from the traumas done to us at some time in our past as well as healing from the influence these past experiences continue to have on our lives.
Sexual addiction: This small group offers Christ-centered support group for men seeking recovery from lust and compulsive sexual behaviors. The cornerstone for our recovery is the power and love of Christ. It is built on the fellowship of the group, having a safe place to share our struggles, pain and victories, with accountability and support.
Love and relationship addiction: Love Addiction consists of three components: Romance, Relationship and Sexual Addiction. This group provides a safe place to deal with depression, isolation, lack of trust, and the unhealthy use of love & relationships as means of achieving worth.
Director of Recovery Ministries