Team information gathering
Monday, January 13, 2020 from 6:30-8:00pm
Fresh Start Ministries exists to partner with God in making disciples of people who have been incarcerated by helping them to understand the love of Jesus and their life purpose of worshiping God.
Types of Men & Woman in prison and their situation.
- First time offenders, never in jail or prison before.
- Multiple offenders, where incarceration has become a way of life, with prison as a revolving door.
- People who look forward to jail because there is nowhere else for them to go. We bring a message of hope!
- People that have been in prison for a long time, more than just a short visit to county jail, or are headed to prison for a long term.
- People who have been in county jail a few times and now are headed to prison for a longer sentence.
People who have lost family, friends, wife, kids because of their situation. They have become “Hopeless”
People who have Burned all their bridges with any family and friends and they are completely alone.
- Note: Once a person is in the system it's very difficult for them to get out. They all deal with depression on some level some more than others.
Deep Needs of these Men & Woman
One very important characteristic of men & woman in prison is the absence of a good parent role model while they were growing up. They need:
- To understand what it looks like to be a person of Christ in their home.
- To break the cycle, be taught how to develop their children into a Christ-like walk.
- One-on-one mature Christian mentors (this can take the form of an accountability partner).
- They also need help with basic living needs such as jobs, homes, community, church.
How Can I Help?
Team members will have a deep desire to seek and guide people from incarceration into discipleship, and a true desire to serve, help and love others.
Some Ways a Fresh Start Team meets the above needs:
- Choose recovery in the jail 1st Saturday of the month
- Ministry teams meet each Sunday morning from 8 AM to 9:30 AM at the Lee County Jail.
- Outside Mentors
- Possible Employment opportunities
- Possible living environments
- Invitations into small groups and church community
Attend a team orientation on Monday, January 13, 2020 from 6:30 - 8:00pm at Grace Church to find out more and to see if God is calling you to serve on this team in this way. Register for this gathering by sign-up sheet in the lobby or at egracechurch.com. Jesus said:
“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.” - Matthew 25:35-36