Grace Church is helping people throughout our area who have been hardest hit by the storm. We are forming teams to reach out to persons in Suncoast, Dunbar, and Lehigh. We have already served over 4,300 hot meals, distributed 75,500 pounds of food, ice, and supplies, and sent nearly 200 “Flood Buckets” throughout the Suncoast Community, Dunbar, Cape Coral, Lehigh, and North Fort Myers. The local church is the hope of the world!
What can I do?
We need people to bring the help and healing of Jesus through serving on one of the following teams:
1. Prayer team: Travel to affected areas and homes with others from Grace Church to pray for individuals in need. You can also join the prayer team to get updates of urgent prayer needs and pray wherever you are.
2. Lemonade brigade: Visit persons in affected areas with a team and a supply of cold lemonade to give encouragement to persons recovering from the storm.
3. Debris cleanup: Help pick up yards, tarp roofs, and muck out flooded homes.
4. Chainsaw crew: Clear downed trees in communities and individual homes. If you have a chainsaw the church can borrow for this effort, please let us know!
5. Food Team: Prepare and take food to people in affected areas.
Ready to serve?
If you can serve on any of these teams, please sign-up here.
To give financially over and above your regular giving to the Hurricane Irma Disaster Response efforts, you can do so online here or by check or cash. Please indicate “Hurricane Irma” on your gift.
More Serving Opportunities
Meal Preparation, Serving, Clean-up Teams:
Tuesday, September 26th, at 4:00pm at the Grace Church Fort Myers Trinity Campus, 2979 Lincoln Blvd., Fort Myers, 33916. See Pastor Heather Evans when you arrive.
Thursday, September 28th, 5:00pm, at the Suncoast Community Center, 2241 Case Lane, North Fort Myers, 33917. Check in with Pastor Heather Evans when you arrive.
Even More Ways
Nurses – If you are a nurse who are willing to help check blood pressure and perform check ups and assist with basic medical needs at different times at Christ United Methodist Church Lehigh, please email Pastor Cindy Jones at
Supplies – You can bring the following supplies to the Cape Coral Campus of Grace Church to be distributed to the victims affected in Lehigh:
- Baby food
- Baby wipes
Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ. – Galatians 6:2