Since 1996, this vision has guided Grace Church:
"We want to partner with God in transforming people from unbelievers to fully devoted disciples of Jesus to the glory of God."
This vision leads to four key implications:
- We are in Partnership: Jesus came to earth to reveal God to us, to be “God with skin on.” Now we partner with God, by the power of His Holy Spirit in us, to be “Jesus with skin on” to others. It is a joint venture, where we follow God and work with God to help people experience God’s grace and salvation.
- We are Productive: Our focus is transforming lives. We partner with God as He changes people from who they are into who they are created to be. God takes broken people and transforms us into new creations that are growing toward healing and wholeness.
- We have a Path: No matter where we are in our spiritual journey, there is always room to grow. Jesus taught the journey to becoming a fully devoted disciple is an ongoing and daily process.
- We have a Promise: Even though we get to play a part in God’s work, He does the life changing and deserves all of the credit. This is our promise and pledge!
A core value is something that is non-negotiable, an unchanging commitment that clarifies and determines key decisions. We have named three for our community at Grace Church:
1. We are unashamedly God-centered.
In everything we do and say, we glorify the Three-in-One God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. We are passionately people-focused.
All people, regardless of their spiritual condition, matter to God and to us.
3. We are strategically team-based.
Ministry is best accomplished by teams of people with diverse gifts and abilities, who are bound together by common purpose and covenants of trust.
This is how we seek to fulfill our vision of helping people grow into fully devoted disciples of Jesus, guided by our values. We draw inspiration from John Wesley's strategy for making disciples in 18th century England:
"For each wave of grace, there was a corresponding formative element to connect people to that grace...this conscious alignment is one of Wesley's finest legacies to the Christian tradition." The Way to Heaven by Steve Harper, pg. 121
Over the years, our leaders have identified four key stages in the journey to becoming a fully devoted disciple. These four stages form our strategy:
Ministries that engage and invite unchurched people in our community to experience the love of Jesus through the body of Christ.
Ministries that help people connect to Jesus and the Grace Church family.
Ministries that help people have a growing and transforming relationship with Jesus Christ.
Ministries that release God’s people to make the realities of heaven the realities of earth.